28Jul2006 1949: Condo
Since last we talked, I've all-but-closed on a condo closer to work. The offer is accepted, the mortgage paperwork is filled out, and my home inspection is done. Morgion agrees: it is a swank pad. Also it is a retirement community. But not really! It's just that all four residents I've seen have been old women.
- While browsing with the realtor I met a 38-year resident of the condo who told us pretty much the entire history of the building.
- Then today during the home inspection I caught a glimpse of my downstairs neighbor: old lady in a white nightgown, cigarette in one hand, tumbler of what looked like brandy in the other.
- After the inspection, on the way out of the nearly-gated community, we passed a minivan containing two more old women. I approve of their choice in eyewear.
I will be the baddest motherfucker for three blocks.
On top of that, the seller may even leave behind a lit display case/bureau/thing. It would be ideal for my Burger King Dragonball Z figures, or maybe these hot little numbers.
19Jul2006 2013: Portals
Oh damn I almost forgot. This trailer for Portal is composed of joy and holes. Teleportals are one of my top three choices for a superpower. The team that programmed Portal also made Narbacular Drop, which is essentially Portal Lite for Windows.
19Jul2006 1954: Shyamalanfreude
So I finally got around to reworking the Catan shirt. Hopefully changing this into this will keep Mayfair off my backs. You know, the same Mayfair that made that board game I really really like which has nothing whatsoever to do with my shirt. The same Mayfair that doesn't even sell shirts.
16Jul2006 1734: State Machine Pornography
This was also linked off Fark and the whole article is pretty great but this page in particular made me go all like gamer-splooge!
15Jul2006 1213: Things I Like
Whew, been incommunicado for over a week. Let me summarize my recent goings-on:
- According to Box Office Mojo everybody on the planet has already seen the film three times, but I thought I'd mention that Pirates of the Caribbean: Adjective Possessive Noun Noun is an uneven but ultimately fun sequel to Noun of the Adjective Noun.
- Limos are good when they're not 90 degrees.
- Casinos are never 90 degrees.
- Diablo II is still a fantastic time-waster. Even now, updating my site and working on my thesis, I feel its pull. "Come shoot arrows at pixels", it says. "Clickclickclickclickclick!"
- Linked off Fark, so half of you have already seen it, but everyone needs to see this.
Today I'm going to look at a few condos! I'm not too hyped for any of these specific ones, but I figure I should probably meet the realtor face-to-face at least once.
In the very near future, Monty and Morgion may not be living in close proximity for the first time in like seven years.
07Jul2006 2308: Cower in Fear, Mortals
03Jul2006 2047: Squee is Onomatopoeia
Look, look! I'm particularly good! External validation only makes me stronger!!